This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
What We Collect and Receive
In order for us to provide you the best possible experience on our website, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Service, that may include:
- Usage data — when you visit our site, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. We process this usage data for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse.
Purpose of the processing
Usage data is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls; not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated… Once the data is processed (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…), our analytics tool generates reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content… etc.
The processing of personal data is based on legitimate interests.
Swahili-Dictionary.com is not doing any profiling.
The legitimate interests
Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organize the structure of the website better. Our team is benefiting from the processing of your personal data, and they are directly acting on the website. By processing your personal data, you can profit from a website which is getting better and better.
Without the data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
Recipient of the personal data
The personal data received through our analytics tool are sent to:
- The Website staff.
- Our service provider: DreamHost.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
We are keeping the personal data for a period of 13 months.
The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
As Swahili-Dictionary.com is processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature: